



Most people when they think of Santa do not think of God in the same thought. I will admit, I usually did not either. However, this morning, I have really been able to put them all together. We went to visit Santa on Friday night at Crown Center, downtown Kansas City. We waited in a line that seemed to take forever, and I sat in amazement at the people in front of us, who had a 2 week old baby with them. Seriously people, he is NOT going to remember visiting Santa. After our long line experience, the kids had their chance to sit on Santa's lap. Adam hopped right up there and gave a nice Hello, and the kids began to answer his questions, of what do you want Santa to bring you for Christmas? Emma mentioned her desire for a set of walkie talkies, and Luke mentioned his love for a robot (that he has seen at Bed Bath & Beyond) Adam could not quite answer the question. Hmmmm, back to the robot. Yeah, its $70 and it may not arrive on Christmas morning, I have this feeling that Santa has other plans for our family on the anticipated Christmas morning. When the conversation was brought up yet again this morning, it dawned on me...there are times when we ask God for things in prayer and they just do not happen the way WE would like, His plan is something different for our family. I attempted to explain that even if Santa does not bring the items that we ask for, he is still good, just like God is good, even when he does not answer our prayers the way we want. It pretty much fell on deaf ears and it was more of a pass the Cheerios moment, but hopefully we'll have an opportunity to explore this topic more throughout the week. And I have this feeling that Santa will deliver this week and that our wishes and desires will be fulfilled.....maybe not the way we planned.
Monday, December 22, 2008
Santa, God, & Christmas
Posted by Rachel at 9:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment