CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Blink

There is a song (I would recommend downloading on iTunes called, Blink, by Plumb) I have attached the lyrics below. It definitely sums up what I have been thinking lately. I am certain that I have mentioned this theme over and over and over again, however, I find it to be more than true...our life really does go by in a blink of an eye. I remember when I was carrying Emma Grace on my hip and Luke in the carseat and all of the empty nest women at church would sort of look at me, tip their head to the side and smile at me and say, "Enjoy every minute of this, it goes by so fast." Certainly I knew I was crazy, afterall I was carting around two children under the age of 18 months and most likely did not shower, or brush my teeth and if I had make up on at all, it was from the day or two before that had not worn off on my pillow that I did not seem to visit near enough. But in all honesty, I thought, THOSE ladies are crazy....who could enjoy all of this chaos? What on earth were Jeremy and I going to do with these little babies? We had only been married for 5 years and here we had two kids. But now that we are nearly 6 years from that time of the comments from the nice ladies at church....I am realizing, WOW...those women were right. I would like to think that I did enjoy them and would like to believe that they enjoyed me as well, but in all honesty, probably both were not true. I know I was not the best mom on many of those sleep deprived days. Now looking back, I would not change a thing about the life that was chosen for us and our family. Here are a few pictures of our big kids with a few flashbacks of when it seems like just a blink ago. No longer in a crib, (and hopefully soon I will be able to report no longer in diapers), making friends and enjoying life. While I believe that life does go by in a Blink as the lyrics suggest, I want to make sure that my eyes are wide open to enjoy each step!



I'd like to remember
I'd like to know all you are
I'd like to know everything you'll be
Where will you go? What will you do?
When the world's right in front of you

When I think of how slowly life passes by
Then I'll blink and you're growing
No longer a child
What I can do, to capture this moment in time
Is to sing you a lullaby

I like to watch you dream
I like to touch your face
[ Plumb Lyrics are found on www.songlyrics.com ]
I like to hold you in a sweet embrace
When will you laugh? When will you cry?
When you need a special place to hide

When I think of how slowly life passes by
Then I'll blink and you're growing
No longer a child
What I can do, to capture this moment in time
Is to sing you a lullaby

When I think of how slowly life passes by
Then I'll blink and you're growing
No longer a child
What I can do, to capture this moment in time
Is to sing you a lullaby

0 comments: