CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 6, 2008

Great friends, whole lotta moms, Lynne Spears...





Only at the MOPS Convention in Dalls, TX this past weekend. I traveled with 7 other moms to participate in an amazing weekend surrounded by topics just for us...moms of preschool kiddos.
It was 4 years ago when someone stopped me in the halls of our church and said, "Here, sign up for this..." Did I look THAT obvious? Sweet Emma was just about 2 years old, and Luke was 15 months old when we started the MOPS group at our church. Back then, church was the ONLY place I would go by myself with two little little kids. I was placed at a table where I was the youngest mom there, which still seems like yesterday (I'm hanging onto my youth!) I could not believe what a blessing it was to come to hear speakers talk about truly relevant topics all while people watched my kids, and food...unbelievable food! Now starting my 5th year in MOPS, I have served as a table discussion leader, decided it would be a good idea to co-lead the group when Adam was 1 month old, and lead the group last year, and now this year....goin' with the food! I can't tell you how blessed I have been by the moms, mentors and friends I have made through this program and to witness its profound experiences in the lives of thousands of moms this weekend.

We had buttons on all weekend..."Flair" if you will for those of you obsessed with Facebook. The white button with black letters read, SDWSC. After days of waiting it was revealed to us exactly what it stood for "She Did What She Could". It is taken out of Mark 14:8 Often as moms we are judged by the decisions we make from breastfeeding, private school, activities, books to read, need I go on? However, after thinking a lot about SDWSC...I am challenged, that as long as I trust in the words on the pages of that incredible book, continue to be on my knees with my kids and for my kids, and be completely humbled by the job that has been set before me and the job I have done in the past, I would like that to be said of me, "She did what she could."

Throughout the weekend, we heard several fabulous artists performing for our group. Some of the songs are playing now as you read. This is my shameless plug for these artists including, Plumb, Jaci Velasquez and her husband Nick Gonzales of Salvador, Go Fish (great kids music that is quite fun for adults as well).

Overall, I would say my weekend included a great getaway with great friends, more than enough laughter, a few moments of tears, fantastic wisdom, thought provoking ideas and an overall appreciation for this vocation of mothering.

0 comments: